Superior Window Company - The Smart Choice for Energy Efficient Windows
Replacement windows designed for Beauty, Durability and Performance and backed by a 55 year transferrable manufacturer's warranty.
Knowledge is Power...
- Increase Your Window IQ -
Don't know a bow from a bay, a U-factor from a SHGC? Check out this glossary of the most common window and door terms.
- Windows 101 -
How do you know if your home needs new windows—and if you're selecting the right windows for your home? Here are some good tips to get you started.
- Make the Most of Your Tax Rebate: Reinvest in Your Home - In an effort to jumpstart the struggling economy, the federal government has approved an economic stimulus package that will send rebate checks to qualifying taxpayers, some as early as May. Homeowners can use this refund to invest in home improvements that add value in a difficult housing market. Read more
- NFRC - The National Fenestration Rating Council is a non-profit organization that administers the only uniform, independent rating and labeling system for the energy performance of windows, doors, skylights, and attachment products. Their goal is to provide fair, accurate, and reliable energy performance ratings. Ultimately, the NFRC was formed in response to the energy crises of the 1970's, to address concerns about energy consumption. Information about the NFRC and the manufacturer's who submit their products for testing are available at www.nfrc.org
- ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. Results are already adding up. Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR, saved enough energy in 2007 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 27 million cars — all while saving $16 billion on their utility bills. Energy efficient choices can save families about a third on their energy bill with similar savings of greenhouse gas emissions, without sacrificing features, style or comfort. For more information on ENERGY STAR visit www.energystar.gov
- Energy Tax Credit - A tax credit is generally more valuable than an equivalent tax deduction because a tax credit reduces tax dollar-for-dollar, while a deduction only removes a percentage of the tax that is owed. Consumers can itemize purchases on their federal income tax form, which will lower the total amount of tax they owe the government. Visit http://www.energy.gov/taxbreaks.htm for additional information.
- Efficient Windows Collaborative (EWC) members have made a commitment to manufacture and promote energy-efficient windows. This site provides unbiased information on the benefits of energy-efficient windows, descriptions of how they work, and recommendations for their selection and use.
Your Houston Window Replacement Company
by email or call 281-440-7200
for a free, no hassle consultation.
- Windows bring light, warmth, and beauty into your home; however, they are thermal "holes," through which energy escapes.
- An average home may lose up to 80% of its heating or cooling energy through its windows.
- According to the Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory study for the Department of Energy the US energy consumption is expected to increase by 35% between now and 2025.
- With energy costs soaring, our energy efficient windows will save you money each and every month!
- Contact Superior Window Company today and learn about our Energy Savings Pledge and Price Guarantee